Why is Licensing So Important?
One of the most important things to look for is licensing and regulatory third parties. From New York to California, Family Credit Management is licensed or legally qualified to conduct business in every state we operate in.
Some states have few or no licensing requirements. People with no training or certification can set up a “debt management program” and basically steal your money. Always use a company, like Family Credit Management, that is legal, fully licensed, and regularly audited – that way you can be positive you will be taken care of.
In addition to these state licenses, we are proud to be ISO 9001 certified. This highly coveted distinction is granted only after we developed a complex client quality system in which all employees are thoroughly trained. This incorporates in-depth training of our staff, detailed department manuals, and complete adherence to the ISO standard including the consumer credit counseling code of practice.
- Alabama Securities Commission SOC#377
- Alaska Department of Commerce, and Economic Development Business License#: 996102
- Arizona Department of Financial Institutions, Licensing Division DM-0909168 (1) See License Here
- Arkansas Secretary of State, Business and Commercial Services Division Reg. File No. 811041838
- California Secretary of State, Nonprofit Community Service Organization #: 247-0073 (2)
- Colorado Office of the Attorney General Reg. No. 000029
- Connecticut Department of Banking, Consumer Credit Division License No. 24222
- Delaware Department of Justice, Consumer Protection Unit License No. 13-04
- Florida Department of State Reg. File No. F13000005012
- Georgia Secretary of State Corporations Division Reg. File No. 633123 (3)
- Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs Reg. File No. 80884F2
- Idaho Department of Finance, Consumer Finance Bureau CDC-4957
- Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation Consumer Credit Section DM-129 (4)
- Indiana Department of Financial Institutions ID No. 10932 (5)
- Iowa Division of Banking DM-2006-0395
- Kansas Office of the State Bank Commissioner CSO-0000014
- Kentucky Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division File # 5
- Louisiana Secretary of State Reg. File No. 42691986X
- Maine Department of Professional and Financial Regulation #DMS12712
- Maryland Office of the Commissioner of Financial Regulation 4-14-35 (6)
- Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, Corporations Division Reg. File No. 001279131
- Minnesota Department of Commerce, Division of Financial Examinations MN-DM-975415
- Mississippi Department of Banking and Consumer Finance DM/000032/2016
- Missouri Secretary of State Reg. File No. E001409880
- Montana Department of Justice, Office of Consumer Protection Reg. No. 13-5263
- Nebraska Secretary of State, Licensing Division Registration Filed and Granted 10-19-07
- Nevada Department of Business and Industry DMSM11000
- New Hampshire Department of Banking 19293-DA
- New Jersey Department of Banking and Insurance, Licensing Services Bureau L063854
- New Mexico Secretary of State Reg. File No. 5482631
- New York State Department of Financial Services, Licensed Financial Services Division BP101695 (7)
- North Carolina Secretary of State Reg. File No. 805607
- North Dakota Secretary of State Reg. File No. 43,466,600
- Ohio Secretary of State Reg. File No. 4041897 (3)
- Oklahoma Secretary of State Reg. File No. 2612622783
- Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services, Division of Finance DM-80003 (8)
- Pennsylvania Department of Banking License No. 23253
- Rhode Island Department of Business Regulation, Division of Banking License No. 20143056DM
- South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs CC/0718400-0718400
- South Dakota Secretary of State Reg. File No. FN1346714
- Tennessee Department of Commerce and Insurance Consumer Affairs Division No. 00000016
- Texas Office of the Consumer Credit Commissioner DM-06-10035
- Utah Department of Commerce, Division of Consumer Protection 8769815-DBTM
- Vermont Department of Financial Regulation, Banking Division No. 43 (9)
- Virginia State Corporation Commission, Bureau of Financial Institutions DC-54. FCMS is licensed by the Virginia State Corporation Commission (License # DC-54.) “Family Credit Management” is a shortened version of the full trade name, “Family Credit Management Services.” (10)
- Washington Secretary of State, Corporation and Charities Division Reg. File No. 604142635
- Washington, D.C. Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs Reg. File No. N00005720216
- West Virginia Secretary of State Reg. File No. 9AISN
- Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions, Licensed Financial Services No. 128
- Wyoming Secretary of State Reg. File No. 2017-000759004
Family Credit Management Services is licensed by the Arizona Department of Financial Institutions. WE ARE NOT A LOAN COMPANY. We are a licensed debt management company.
As a non-profit Community Service Organization, FCMS is exempt from licensing. However, FCMS follows all applicable state statutes and completes filing requirements with state agency.
State has no licensing requirement. However FCMS follows all applicable state statutes and completes filing requirements with state agency.
Family Credit Management Services is licensed by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, Division of Financial Institutions,Consumer Credit Section. We do not lend money.
Family Credit Management Services is licensed by the Indiana Department of Financial Institutions for Debt Management. We do not lend money.
As a licensee, the Commissioner of Financial Regulation for the State of Maryland will accept any questions or complaints from Maryland residents regarding Family Credit Management Service, license 14-35, at 500 N. Calvert St., Suite 402, Baltimore, MD. 21202-3651, phone 1-888-784-0136.
New York consumers may contact the New York State Department of Financial Services toll-free at 800-342-3736.
Oregon Department of Consumer and Business Services, Division of Finance and Corporate Securities: Oregon Registration # DM-80003.
Family Credit Management Services is a licensed Debt Adjuster with the Vermont Department of Financial Regulation, Banking Division.
Family Credit Management Services is licensed by the Virginia State Corporation Commission as a nonprofit debt counseling agency (License No. DC-54).
An ISO external auditor visits our corporate offices every six months to ensure we continue to meet the ISO standard. More information can be found at www.iso.org or from our ISO register. We comply with standard BS EN ISO 9001:2015, our license number is US008799-1.
We employ a full-time Internal Auditor who constantly works to ensure all employees are following the ISO standard. The auditor makes certain any corporate changes are in adherence to the ISO standard. Client files are audited on a regular basis; letters and emails are spot audited, and employees undergo regular "desk audits" to ensure all work is completed in a timely manner. Before any employee can independently perform duties, including our debt counseling service and providing debt help, they must have signed a training checklist verifying they completely understand the job requirements.
Our client trust fund is reconciled every day and each year an external financial audit is conducted to be certain all of our trust accounts are balanced and properly accounted for.
We also employ a full-time Legal Compliance Coordinator, also certified as a credit counselor, who is responsible for ensuring our continued compliance with all regulatory filings, state licensing, training of employees on updates to or changes in state laws, as well as conducting internal audits of client files to ensure these state regulations are being met by all our employees.