We at Family Credit Management Services value you as a client and respect your right to privacy. We understand that maintaining the confidentiality of your financial situation is of the utmost importance to you, and that you have turned to us for help based upon our experience, competence, professionalism, and sense of responsibility. We want to ensure that you understand what information we gather about you, how we use it, and the safeguards we have in place to protect it. We also want you to understand that, when you request our assistance you are asking us to intervene with your creditors on your behalf, and that sharing of certain nonpublic information with them is a necessary part of the credit counseling process.
Our Principles for Privacy Protection
Family Credit Management Services does not share your financial information with any non-affiliated third parties other than those who help us in providing assistance to you, and they are required to maintain it in strict confidence. We do not rent or sell your personal financial information to any outside marketer. We maintain security practices and procedures designed to ensure the security, integrity and confidentiality of your personal financial information. We educate our employees about safeguarding client information and preventing unauthorized access, disclosure or use, while limiting employee access to client information to those who need to assist you. What information do we collect?
We collect nonpublic personal information from you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, as well as through face-to-face conversations, phone calls, and e-mail.
- Information about your transactions with us.
- Information we receive from your creditors.
- What information do we disclose?
- We may disclose the following kinds of nonpublic personal information about you:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms and from other communications with you, such as your name, address, financial account numbers, Social Security number, assets and income.
- Information about your transactions with us, such as your account balance, monthly payment obligations, payment history, and method of payment.
Who do we disclose information to?
- We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about our clients or former clients to anyone, except as permitted by law.
- We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to your financial service provider creditors; such as banks, savings and loans, credit unions, mortgage bankers, finance companies, and credit card issuers.
How do we protect information?
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide assistance to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Questions or Corrections?
If you want us to correct any personal information in our files, please submit a written request to:
Family Credit Management 4306 Charles Street Rockford, IL 61108
Please be sure to include in all correspondence your name, client identification number, current address, and phone number.
This disclosure is to document compliance with the privacy protection provisions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley act of 1999.
Ready to get started?
Our certified credit counselors are ready to help you take control of your debt and finances. Take the leap with us today.